With this regional intermodal job, We operate out of the Chicago area rails, primarily running Iowa (70%), Minnesota (10%), Southern Illinois (10%) and Wisconsin (10%) You will occasionally operate out of the Minneapolis rail as well and features:
- $2,000 sign on bonus – limited time only!
- Average annual earnings projected at $68k – $72k
- Top earners average $92,000
- Weekly home time
- Consistent, hassle-free delivery
- Benefit options and a company-matched 401k plan
- Online orientation through our Direct to Work program
Time off / shift:
- Up to 48 hours off in a rolling week – Example: Start Tuesday at 0500, then home Sunday at 0500 and driver can be off UP TO 48 hours upon arrival at home.
- Drivers can pick any 2 consecutive days off (48 hours) except for Sat/Sun. Drivers can have Fri/Sat, Sun/Mon.
- Weekend Shift Bonus: Regional drivers will be given an additional $100 per week worked if they have a Thursday – Monday or Friday – Tuesday schedule (Tues/Wed or Wed/Thur off) This works out to a 5K per year increase
- It is possible to get home during the week for 10 hour break – not guaranteed. Drivers who live within 25 miles of Minneapolis would have a slightly better chance of this due to freight volumes in these areas.
- Drivers will have their original schedule for a minimum of 12 months.
- The fleet operates back and forth between IA, IL, WI and MN – There are 8 main rail ramps in these markets.
- All freight is on Container/Chassis combination
- Loads are pre-planned several hours in advance and if ETA’s are set correctly, driver should be preplanned before arrival to allow driver to keep rolling.
- Trucking Experience Level: 12 months
- Drivers could haul products with pork ingredients or alcohol
- Hazmat required within 60 days after being hired (cost reimbursed)
- No touch freight.
- 70% drop/hook, 30% live load/unload.
- Drivers will operate conventional mid-roof sleepers, that cruise at 65 m.p.h.
- Midroof conventional tractors that average 1 year 10 months old.
- Riders are allowed, but not within the first 30 days of employment
- Drivers can live within 100 mile of Cedar Rapids and Waterloo, 130 miles of Davenport, 40 miles of des Moines and 75 miles of Bloomington IL and 50 miles of Decatur IL
Intermodal drivers also receive access to competitive benefit packages including options for an individual or a family with offerings including medical, dental, prescription and more. Drivers also begin accruing paid time off from day one.
Drivers must live within:
100 miles of Cedar Rapids IA
50 miles of Chicago IL
135 miles of Davenport IA
50 miles of Argenta IL
40 miles of Carlisle IA
75 miles of Bloomington IL
100 miles of Waterloo IA