With this regional intermodal job, We operate out of the Chicago area rails, primarily running Iowa (60%), Minnesota (20%), Wisconsin (15%), and Southern Illinois (5%) You will occasionally operate out of the Minneapolis rail as well and features:
- $2,000 sign on bonus – limited time only!
- Average annual earnings projected at $68k – $72k
- Top earners make $92,000
- Weekly home time
- Online orientation through our Direct to Work program
- Consistent, hassle-free delivery
- Benefit options and a company-matched 401k plan
Time off / shift:
- Up to 48 hours off in a rolling week – Example: Start Tuesday at 0500, then home Sunday at 0500 and driver can be off UP TO 48 hours upon arrival at home.
- Drivers can pick any 2 consecutive days off (48 hours) except for Sat/Sun. Drivers can have Fri/Sat, Sun/Mon.
- Weekend Shift Bonus: Regional drivers will be given an additional $100 per week worked if they have a Thursday – Monday or Friday – Tuesday schedule (Tues/Wed or Wed/Thur off) This works out to a 5K per year increase
- It is possible to get home during the week for 10 hour break – not guaranteed. Drivers who live within 25 miles of Minneapolis would have a slightly better chance of this due to freight volumes in these areas.
- Drivers will have their original schedule for a minimum of 12 months.
- The fleet operates back and forth between IA, IL, WI and MN – There are 8 main rail ramps in these markets.
- All freight is on Container/Chassis combination
- Loads are pre-planned several hours in advance and if ETA’s are set correctly, driver should be preplanned before arrival to allow driver to keep rolling.
- Hazmat required within 60 days after being hired (cost reimbursed)
- No touch freight.
- 70% drop/hook, 30% live load/unload.
- Drivers will operate conventional mid-roof sleepers, that cruise at 65 m.p.h.
- Midroof conventional tractors that average 1 year 10 months old.
- Riders are allowed, but not within the first 30 days of employment
Intermodal drivers also receive access to competitive benefit packages including options for an individual or a family with offerings including medical, dental, prescription and more. Drivers also begin accruing paid time off from day one.
Drivers must live within:
100 miles of Saint Paul MN
75 miles of Rochester MN
75 miles of Saint Cloud MN
50 miles of Eau Claire WI
50 miles of Tomah WI