With this regional intermodal job, drivers will operate out of the Chicago, Illinois rail and within the states of Wisconsin, Illinois and Minnesota. At times, drivers may operate out of the Minneapolis, Minnesota rail as well and features:
- $2,000 sign on bonus – limited time only!
- Average annual earnings are $68k – $72k
- Top earners average $92,000
- Two days off per week
- No touch freight
- Paid online orientation through our Direct to Work program
- Benefit options and a company-matched 401k plan
- Trucking Experience Level: 12 months
- Training will last 5 – 10 days and is payable at $150 per day – The trainer will contact you shortly after completing orientation. They will schedule a time at the beginning of the following week to pick you up from home and begin your training. During training, your trainer will take you to your assigned truck to complete an inspection and schedule it to be detailed.
- In regards to the training duration, that is completely up to the discretion of the trainer. Normal training period is 2 weeks or so, but may be less if he is a solid new hire, but not guaranteed. Also, he will be required to sleep in the truck with a trainer.
Shift / Time Off:
- UP to 48 hours off each week.
- Home Time: You may select any two consecutive days off EXCEPT BOTH Saturday & Sunday for your 34-hour reset. They can take off Fri Sat or Sun Mon. There is a $100/wk worked bonus to drivers that work Thursday-Monday or Friday – Tuesday (5K per year)
- Drivers take the truck home for time off.
- Drivers will pickup from and deliver to rail ramps in Chicago as well as occasionally, St. Paul
- All freight is on containers.
- 70% drop/hook – 30% live load/unload.
- No touch freight.
- Drivers will operate mid roof conventional tractors that the avg age is 1yr 10 months old.
- Riders allowed BUT only after 30 days.
- Loads are preplanned in advance and if ETAs are set correctly driver should be preplanned before arriving at first delivery.
- Hazmat is required within 60 days of hire – ramp will reimburse the cost
Intermodal drivers also receive access to competitive benefit packages including options for an individual or a family with offerings including medical, dental, prescription and more. Drivers also begin accruing paid time off from day one.
Drivers need to live within:
50 miles of Wausau WI
50 miles Milwaukee WI
100 miles Green Bay WI
50 miles of Chicago IL
75 miles of Madison WI