With this local dedicated job, drivers will operate within 250 miles of Chester, New York, including the 5 boroughs, Long Island and New York City. Drivers will also operate within the states of Pennsylvania, New Jersey and Connecticut and features:
- Average annual earnings projected at $80,000
- Daily home time
- Onsite management
- Paid time off accrual from day one
- Complete your orientation online via our Direct to Work orientation program!
- Deliver fresh and frozen groceries to customer locations
- Benefit options and a company-matched 401k plan
- Shift starting between 1300-1700.
- Thurs – Mon
- 5 day work with a 6th day on a voluntary basis
- 6th days are mandatory around the 6 major holidays. Christmas, New Years, Thanksgiving, Memorial Day, Labor Day, July 4th.
- Deliver fresh and frozen groceries on a ’53,’51,’48 ft reefer trailer to supermarkets and distribution centers within 250 miles of Chester, NY, including the 5 boroughs and Long Island. NOTE: Only 20-25% of the freight delivers in NYC.
- Multistop loads, usually 15 plus stops per week.
- Drivers normally do 2 loads per day or one long load.
- Drivers will pick up return product at the final stop or pick up a backhaul back to the DC
- Trucks will be slip seated. The account will try to keep the drivers in the same trucks but they will be sharing with a driver on an opposite shift. There is no guarantee however so the drivers should expect to slip seat.
- Manual daycabs that cannot be taken home for time off.
- Uniforms are provided and maintained by the account.
- Drivers Must have personal, reliable transportation to and from work daily.
- Drivers will help support other accounts in the local area as needed.
- Drivers will work Holidays if it is their scheduled day to work unless the acct is not running that Holiday.
- Drivers should understand the importance of customer service and have good customer service skills.
- Mostly no touch freight.
- If drivers help out at other accounts they could be asked to unload with a pallet jack. So drivers will be trained in pallet jack usage to help unload when necessary
- NOTE: NEW DVRS ON THE ACCT WILL NOT RUN NYC UNTIL THEY HAVE BEEN ON THE ACCT 6 MONTHS OR LONGER.
Drivers must live within:
25 miles of Wurtsboro NY zip code 12790
40 miles of Chester NY zip code 10918
25 miles of Port Jervis zip code 12771
Along with the perks of paid time off and onsite management, dedicated truck drivers enjoy access to comprehensive health benefit offerings including medical, dental and vision, as well as life insurance, 401K and paid vacation.
CALL 972-366-6591 TO APPLY!!